Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend in Review

Well, thanks to the very random Ohio weather most of the plans we had for this weekend didn't happen. I was supposed to go to Amish Country in Northern Ohio with Andrews mom, sister in law and our little niece, but there was a good 8 inches of snow up that way so we couldn't go. Andrew and his brother went to a farm equipment auction and the girls decided to do some shopping! We headed to some local antique stores and I found a few things (go figure) and then we went to lunch, the thrift store and the used book store. The boys came back around 6pm and Andrew and I headed home. Normally on Friday or Saturday nights we like to do dinner out, but the roads stunk both nights and we didn't get to go, money saved I suppose.

We must be turning into 90 year olds because by 8:30 we were in bed and I was passed out by 9....yeah we're those people. I've been a little stressed out lately by a lot of things (its kind of a long story that I don't really want to spill out on here) and I've had a hard time sleeping. Passing out at 9pm and not waking up till 7 the following morning was exactly what I needed. My mind wasn't totally clear when I woke up, but I felt worlds better and it amazed me what a good nights sleep could do!

I further relieved my stress on Sunday by doing some cleaning and laundry (yea that honestly makes me feel better believe it or not). Andrew went to a car parts store with my brother and I made a nice dinner for us - chicken fried steak (I am still trying to clean all this meat out and I'm getting closer and closer). Hope that everyone else had a good weekend and that you all keep praying for spring - I'm starting to see the snow piles slowly getting smaller!

No comments: