Sunday, May 9, 2010

Turning another page in life

Things have been hectic - I've had a lot going on and I haven't been writing on here as much as I would like. Sure I did my Writers Workshop post and I caught up on what went on over the weekend but I feel I need to give a reason to my lack of blogging.

I'm going back to school this summer to finish my bachelors and I've been consumed with choosing summer classes, finding-interviewing for-landing an internship for a local non-profit and figuring out how life would fit into this schedule. There were many conversations about my decision with Andrew, his family, my family and my friends about how all consuming this process was going to be. Finally the decision was made that me working full time and trying to take 10-12 credit hours and take an internship just wasn't going to work. So it was decided that I was going to quit my job - I didn't want to say anything until things were set in stone and now they are. I gave notice on Wednesday and my last day will be the 28th of this month.

I'm sad because I love everyone at my work, they are like a family and I'm going to miss them dearly. I'm scared because I don't want us to struggle even though I know that we can afford our minimum expenses on just one income. I'm excited because I will finally have a diploma by Thanksgiving if all goes to plan and all of the loans and time spent in school will finally be worth something.

My head has been full of to do lists that I feel will never be completed. Some are for work, others for my job and others just for things I want to get done between not working and starting school. My heart and head have been so heavy and so full of all of this because I haven't been able to tell anyone - or I suppose I didn't want to tell anyone until things were totally set in stone.

I hope that everyone in my life that is important to me will continue to support me on this journey and no worries it will all be documented on this blog!

7 comments:

paige said...

Good for you. That seems like a big decision but only you know what's right for you. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm really impressed Amanda! Doing something like that really takes a lot! I know you can do it, and I'm here if you ever need help with anything!!

Stephanie said...

good for you :) that is a hard decision, but i'm sure you won't regret it! :)

Amanda said...

Yay for you! You'll be fine and I think you'll love the challenge! I can't wait to hear about your experience.

mypixieblog said...

It's a decision you were able to make on your own; therefore it's the right one. You know better than anyone else in this world which path your life must take. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and can't wait to continue reading about it here :)

Best wishes always.

www.mypixieblog.com

Aleta said...

Wow - it's impressive that you are doing this. It takes a strong personality and a solid drive to accomplish what you will do! I'm happy for you!

Brittany said...

WOW! Congrats on following your dreams! Good luck with everything - just imagine how accomplished you're going to feel come November!! So exciting! I'm looking forward to reading all about it... and sorry for all the exclamation points, I just think this is coolest post I've read all day! :)