Saturday, July 17, 2010

Things I've been doing this summer

This summer has been quite different than most. I guess its because I'm not really working and going to school/being a "housewife." I've been doing homework during the majority of my free time, but I've also done some gardening, baking, things around the house and working out.

  • I've tried out a lot of new recipes, dinner items and cookies too. I'd say the best so far was a new chocolate chip cookie recipe I found on a blog I love, Loveletter Typewriter and they have to be the most amazing cookies ever!!!!
  • My tomato plants (thanks to all my babying and proper soil mixture) are 5ft tall and more blooms and tomatoes come on each day!
  • I'm going to do canning for the first time this year - pasta sauce, salsa and probably some jam.
  • I went camping for the first time this summer, which for me was a big deal. But please know that my hair dryer and make up bag did come with me!
  • The upstairs hallway finally got a fresh coat of paint, now I just need the money for a light fixture and all will be well!
  • My internship is turning out to be a fantastic experience (not that I thought it would be bad or anything). We lost one of our survivors this week and although I knew this could happen it was hard to deal with. But these women, these fantastic, strong and beautiful women have become a part of me. I know this internship cannot last forever but I want to be involved with this organization for many years to come.
  • School is going fantastic! I've gotten A's on every assignment for my writing class and I start Spanish next week....which I'm horribly nervous about!
Here are some favorite photos from this summer
What fun things have you done this summer?

2 comments:

mypixieblog said...

Sounds like you're off to an amazing start to your summer so far! Such a great time of year, isn't it? And congrats on getting straight A's, that should feel great!

I also want to start canning foods for the winter. I should really get on that (but lately, the heat has been such a deterrent for me and I don't want to spend any extra time in the kitchen).

paige said...

Wow! You've been a busy girl. Well done!

I've trekked in the Andes (also my first camping experience - but no hair dryer. I had to carry everything for five days. All but clothes and camera were shed). The other thing was we decided to foster Laura the future guide dog. I've been busy, too!