Monday, December 6, 2010

Post-Graduation Goals

I've been officially done with school for one week now. Later in the week I can get my transcripts and by Christmas I'll have my actual diploma! I've got a lot I'd like to and that I'm starting to accomplish now that I have more free time.
  • Find a job! I need to have one by March when the student loan payments start coming due again. I've been applying for jobs since Halloween and I have a few networking meetings lined up in the coming weeks.
  • Get my Christmas cookies made (I'm planning to start on that later today or tomorrow morning).
  • Get the house well organized.
  • Take my pile of Goodwill stuff to the Goodwill.
  • Clean out my kitchen cabinets.
  • Start and finish my Christmas shopping. All I've done so far is order some things from bookorder through my mom.
  • Go through all of my school stuff and decide what I really want to keep, and possibly have a math bonfire.
  • Try some new recipes or get a new cookbook.
  • Go thrifting for winter clothes, which I'm planning to do on Wednesday.
I'm giving myself till New Years to get most of this list done. I think that it should be easy to do if I can accomplish one or two things per day. Today I'm getting laundry caught up since we weren't home all weekend and getting the bathroom cleaned. I've also been making lots of phone calls making sure everything is lined up for getting my diploma and making some appointments for after the holidays.

It feels so good to be done with school, but now I don't know what to do with myself. I really hope to get a job sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Math Bonfire!! Also, Friday should be fine. Let me know what time!