Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Valentines


Yup - that's my boyfriend with the van he bought this summer and although I hate that van I still love him. He's not just my Valentine because he's my boyfriend but because he's truly my soul-mate. I know that sounds corny, but its true. Everyone around us notices how we bring out the best in one another and fill in the voids the other person has and its true. He can always make me laugh or smile, he's sweet and kind although sometimes he teases me too much, he's proud of what I've accomplished and he loves me no matter what.
I can't believe that we've been dating for 3 years now and that this is our third Valentines day together!

I know that most people wouldn't pick a dog as their other Valentine but this little love holds the key to my heart. One of the reasons I fell in love with Andrew was that he had rescued Bessie from a really horrible existence. She was tied up with a German Sheppard, had a broken leg and was half starved to death. I knew that any guy who cared about an animal that much would make an amazing boyfriend.
But back to Bessie, I don't know what I'd do without her. Its nice to have the company when Andrew travels for work or has to work late, when I'm upset or lonely she's always there to get me to play with her or scratch her belly. She makes the cutest little noises, howls and those eyes just melt your heart.

So who are your Valentines? Write up a post and link up at Mama Kat's by clicking the button below!

Mama's Losin' It

3 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

Aw, just look at those basset hound eyes! My sister had a basset hound named Lucy, and that dog was such a blessing to her during some tough times!

Your boyfriend sounds pretty wonderful, too! ;)

Dumb Mom said...

I'm in love with that dog photo! So perfect. Also perfect, that the word verification I just got is turds! Holy crap, that's awesome!

paige said...

Awe...what a sweet guy! :)