Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting my life back on track

I've now been working for five weeks and I've had my first two paychecks! Its great to be working again and last Thursday I was officially done with orientation. Its nice to have my own money again (even if a lot of it goes to my student loans every month) and to have somewhat of a routine.

But everything else in my life seems to have gone by the wayside. My house....well, to put it lightly is a total disaster and although I've vacuumed around the piles of clutter, done dishes and a few small things I can't stand the mess any longer. I finally got around to some spring cleaning on Friday and Saturday but left the messiest room of all to do later, our office/catch all for crap. I'll probably get to that tomorrow before I work the remainder of the week.

I've been able to spend time with a few friends and my family recently, which is something I've been missing. I saw a good friend from college the other night and I've spent some time with my parents and grandparents as well as my brother. Family time has become super important recently since we found out my grandpa has lung cancer. I haven't talked about it much on here, Facebook or Twitter because its been hard to take. In a week we'll know what stage he is and how the course of treatment will go, but for now we just know that it's cancer and there is a mass under his right lung.

Also, as if I need more on my plate, I applied to take some college classes in the hopes that in a few years I can get my real estate license.

Next on the agenda: get started on my gardening (if the spring weather ever comes back), get the messy office cleaned and find a minute to relax.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa; we'll keep your family in our thoughts! Good luck with everything. Call me if you need any help in your garden!