Monday, May 16, 2011

A lovely weekend wrap up

This weekend was just what I needed: three days straight of no work, spending time with family and friends and cleaning.

Friday night I went to dinner with my college friends at California Pizza Kitchen, where I splurged on a summer salad of beans, onions, cucumbers and beets, white pizza and a piece of Key Lime Pie....super yummy! We wandered around the mall afterward and talked about what we've been up to since we hadn't all been together for a long time.

Saturday we spent most of the morning and afternoon at garage sales where I was able to score some great deals! We've been wanting a gas dryer to save money on our power bill and found one for $30, Andrew got a nice piece of luggage for his work trips for $5 and I was also able to get a Hoover Floormate Hard Surface Scrubber for $20! We got a few other odds and ends and it was fun to scope out the deals with my mom and dad. We attempted to go fishing later in the night but got rained out and headed to dinner with my brother and his girlfriend instead.

Sunday we decided that it was time to start going to church again. Right now, since I'm working every other weekend, we don't go very often and haven't found a place that we liked. As I was looking at churches, Andrew suggested we just see about getting married at the church I grew up in and said he'd be more than happy to convert to being Catholic if he needed to. I thought my heart was going to explode, I was really hoping that we would get married in a Catholic church but I didn't want to pressure him about the subject.

In other news: the wedding planning is coming along and I'm going to call to book the date for the church today! I've been working a lot, but I'm hoping to find a different job within the same place I'm working that has more "normal" hours and pays a little better. My grandpa will possibly be having brain surgery in June to remove the spot of cancer they found and I'm trying to remain optimistic about the situation.


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: