Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend In-Review

One thing I love about my job is the three day weekends I get when I do have a weekend off. Although I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped, I'm glad that it was relaxing and fun.

Some highlights: going out for Mexican and seeing a band on Friday. Saturday we had our engagement pictures taken, saw Andrew's family and drove out to Dillon Lake near Zanesville. While we were there, my brother called to tell us he proposed to his girlfriend (they've been dating on and off since the 6th grade)! Sunday was grocery shopping and cleaning, making raspberry freezer jam and brats on the grill.

A black and white sunset at Dillon Lake - I'm glad we finally made it out there even if we didn't catch any fish. We took Route 40 the whole way instead of I-70 and I'm glad we did because we saw lots of pretty barns and wildflowers.

Since I missed out on U-pick strawberries this year, I made raspberry freezer jam instead. Andrew's mom has several huge bushes and they were full of fruit. I used the recipe from the Sure-Jell box, which was easy and quick. Now I just have to let it sit out for 24 hours then refrigerate what I'll give away and freeze the rest for up to a year.

My garden is also coming along nicely and I'm planning a post about that later this week! Here's to hoping that everyone had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Congrats to Adam and his fiancee! Also, raspberry freezer jam is the BEST!

Amanda said...

I'm jealous! The weather here just didn't allow for planting until too late then it just kept raining. I can go to the farmer's market but I really enjoy growing my own stuff. I am looking forward to the garden posts...even if it makes me a little (a lot) envious.