Friday, August 19, 2011

Dreams and Goals

So I've been terrible about participating in anything where you link up on someones blog. I used to be so hardcore with Writers Workshop over at Mama Kat's and then, poof, I just stopped for some reason. But today while browsing one of my fave blogs Le Musings of Moi I saw her post liked up from Modily Chic on dreams and I knew I had to do this post too! Ever since I graduated in December I've been thinking a lot about my goals and dreams for my life and career. Its fun to finally talk about these things and share them with my lovely readers!


1. Fess up – if you could do anything professionally what would it be? There are a few things that I would love to do! 1) Have an event planning business and plan parties for kids and adults. There is nothing that I love more than throwing a party and getting everything organized. I think planning my own wedding has really brought this out it in me. 2) Teach other women how to be resourceful/more like a 50's housewife. Okay I know this might sound insane, but I think I'd be good at it, for real. I love to can, iron, clip coupons, clean, cook and bake and I think I could really teach other girls my age how to do all these things if they don't know how or want to get better at it. I've had friends ask me how to do several of these things I love and I've considered having a few of them over at a time and doing a little class. I know this dream might sound crazy, but who knows it might just work! Too bad I don't have a bigger house.


2. What draws you to this? My degree is in Public Relations which I think really draws me to the event planning business that I'd love to have. It was one of my favorite aspects of my internships and some past jobs I've held. As far as the "housewife lessons" its just something that I really love to do, but I think I'd be bored to tears being a stay-at-home-wife because I love working and having my own money. But should one of these businesses take off, it would be nice to be my own boss :)


3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? I'd say in the last year or two I really started to see how I could use my skills and knowledge. Everyone teases me about how good I am at domestic stuff, but I think its a skill that everyone should have!


4. What’s holding you back from going all in? Money is the major factor since I have a lot of student loan debt right now, plus I have a million other things I'd love to do such as going back to school to get my real estate license and really settling in my career path. And with a wedding happening next fall, I really need my focus to be on planning that event.


5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest… what’s one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? I think planning my wedding will be a really great first step for me to see if the event planning idea would really work. As far as the housewife lessons, I think I could start with my friends and see how it goes. Maybe someday I'll win the Mega Millions and I can afford to start all these random businesses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this blog! I can really see you as and event planner! You should make yourself a few business cards and hand them out to people you know. Once you have a portfolio, you should give the cards to the realtors you used to work with and see if they'll do some networking for you too! Especially my dad! And my mom to pass around to people in their neighborhood ($money$)!