Friday, November 4, 2011

One month later, such is life

Its been a month since I've written anything on this blog and as much as I've missed it, taking a break has been pretty nice. My head has been swimming, I've been an emotional mess for the last three weeks or so and now I've finally found the time to think about it all and move on.

My job hunt has been un-fruitful at this point, despite all the interviews I've been on, not a single job has wanted to hire me. The rejection is wearing me thin and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why I'm such an undesirable employee to these companies. But on a much better note, I'm now the Marketing Chair with my volunteer work and tomorrow I'll present my plan and budget to the board of directors which I'm praying will go well.

I've been working out, though not as much as I'd like to be, and starting to feel better. I haven't lost a ton of weight but when I leave the gym the endorphins are raging through me and it makes the day a whole lot better. Andrew said at the beginning he'd go with me, but never does so its sort of my alone time as well, zoned out to my music and sweating on the elliptical.

Emotionally I've been all over the place, trying to keep up the positive attitude comes and goes. I've also been feeling rather emotionally disconnected from Andrew recently and I'm not sure why. I think we've both been working a lot and not making enough time for one another. Last week I tried to remidy this with a nice dinner out, but we had bad service and the food sucked and we both left upset/not talking the whole way home. My hope is that this weekend we find some time to reconnect and get back to where we were back in April when we got engaged.

I've done some wedding planning, got the tent deposit paid, found some bridesmaids dresses online, I'm meeting with the photographer and started looking for a caterer which needs to be wrapped up soon.

I'm not looking forward to winter at all, though the fall was really pretty it just rained way too much. Hopefully we can hang onto some of these 60 degree days for a few more weeks and it won't snow till Christmas morning.

Here's some photos for you as well :)

An evening walk at Alum Creek

Everyone needs a good guard dog

Buzzards

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you're doing well and feeling good! Loved the picture and caption of Bessie!

The Constant Complainer said...

Sometimes, especially in the blog world, it's nice to take some time off to refresh. Welcome back and I hope to see more posts from you moving forward.