Sunday, March 25, 2012

hey hey hey goodbye

Friday was my last day at the hospital where I've been working for 13 months. My last two weeks flew by, just as I predicted and my last day was both exciting and sad. Our administrative assistant put together an ice cream party in my honor and a lot of people who have meant so much to me were there, from the doctors to the social workers, nurses and PCA's - it was so sweet of everyone to come and say goodbye. They got me a sweet card, a restaurant gift card and my boss gave me some adorable gifts as well. She has really become a close friend and I was mostly sad to say goodbye to her. She really helped me grow and flourish this past year.

I've spent basically the whole weekend preparing for my new job: getting new clothes, tons of laundry, prepping all my meals for the week since I don't know how long it will take to get home and trying to wrap my head around having a normal life again.

Also, while all of this transition was happening Andrew was in San Antonio Texas for a work conference. The first few nights he was gone were fun, I got to watch trashy TV and stay up late but after that I was pretty lonely. I was so happy for him to come home on Thursday night even if it was at 12:45am!

I've also tried to take in some of this beautiful spring weather and all of the blooming trees. Here are a few shots from a few mornings ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're able to start your new job (and buy lots of new clothes)! Hope your first week is amazing!

The Constant Complainer said...

Good luck with the new job. And have a great weekend!