Wednesday, March 14, 2012

moving up and moving on

I accepted an offer for a new job yesterday and let me tell you it was just what I need to cheer me up! The last few weeks have been rough with my grandpa not feeling well and being stressed about my current job. I had gone on tons of interviews at the end of February and already knew that two of the companies did not want to hire me. I needed something positive to come my way and this was just the ticket!

I'll be working for a small non-profit that's involved in the education of social workers. I will be doing educational programming and communications with them. I'm so excited to finally start using my college degree that I worked so hard and payed so much money for!

It will be sad leaving the hospital where I work now, but I know this is a step in the right direction. I tried to move up the ladder here, but things just didn't work out. They felt I did not have enough experience and competing with 12,000 other people for jobs can be really trying. This job can also be really emotionally draining and the odd hours have not been easy for me to get used to either. I may miss having week days off and the occasional four day weekend, but having the same work schedule as my fiance will be nice as well. I won't have to work on weekends or holidays and they have agreed to give me time off for the wedding.

It took such a long time for me to get here, to a place where I finally feel like things are falling into place. I'm sure my last two weeks at the hospital will pass by quickly but I am so ready for this next chapter in my life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new job!! I'm glad something good is happening and I hope you love it!!