Holy cow, I'm 20 weeks! Time has really been flying by and this week we got to sneak a peek at our baby to be and find out the gender. I was so anxious to go to the doctor on Wednesday I could hardly stand it!!! I didn't sleep much at all the night before thanks to a headache and awful stomach pains. I'm not sure if I just wasn't feeling well or I was having a lot of anxiety. It took us FOREVER to get to the doctor that morning but the ultrasound itself didn't take very long at all. The baby is measuring right at the 40th percentile for growth which is good according to the doctor, my weight gain is still good and my blood pressure is great as well!
- How far along? 20 weeks and 3 days
- How big is baby? According to my What to Expect App, the baby is as big as a banana, about 7 inches long and weighing in close to a pound! (They estimated that baby weights 12 ounces at my appointment)
- Weight gain? So far I've only gained about 5lbs and yesterday the doctor who did the ultrasound said that was fine. She said they have cut back on the amount of weight they tell women to gain and since the baby is growing nicely, she didn't seem concerned!
- Stretch Marks? No more than I had before.
- Maternity Clothes: That's all I wear now!
- Sleep: I don't have a problem falling asleep but I can't seem to stay comfortable to stay asleep. I'm also really into bed hogging these days. I feel bad for Andrew.
- Cravings: Nothing new this week, I'm just really hungry all the time now. I have been wanting fall foods though like pot roast, chili, pumpkin pie and apples.
- Food Aversions: None really, besides pork which has been going on for a while now.
- What do I miss: Subway and Jimmy Johns. I told Andrew on the day I go home from the hospital we are going to Subway for my spicy italian footlong!
- Movement: The baby is really moving and grooving in there! I know feel movement in the morning, while I'm sleeping and in the evening after dinner.
- Doctor Appointments: I don't have another check up until October 2nd! Yeah for a normal pregnancy.
- Symptoms: Leg pain at night and back aches. It's so hard to be comfortable for more than a half an hour especially at work. I did exchange my desk chair and get a foot rest to that's helping me a lot. I haven't been as moody this past week and I'm starting to get super tired again.
- Anything else? I've been working on the room that will be the nursery and let me tell you I have no idea where I am going to put all my junk. I have tossed two huge trash bags of old papers from school and just general junk but I have a long way to go. I've been boxing things up for Goodwill and I need to get some storage tubs this weekend. I know it will get done, I just have to keep working at it!
We're having a girl!