Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Week 21 Bumpdate

It looks like I'm now halfway through the second trimester which I find very hard to believe!  I'm still in shock that we are having a little girl when this whole time I totally thought the baby was a boy.  I guess a mothers intuition is not always correct.  
  • How far along? 21 weeks and 3 days
  • How big is baby? According to my Baby Bump App (I had to delete What to Expect, it updated and was awful), the baby is 10.5 inches long and weighs around 12 ounces. 
  • Weight gain? I've gained about 5lbs, which I am starting to accept is okay.  The baby is doing fine and I am feeling great so that's all that matters!  
  • Stretch Marks? I have noticed one tiny new one above my belly button, but I'm still slathering on the cocoa butter morning and night!  
  • Maternity Clothes: That's pretty much all I wear! 
  • Sleep: Over the weekend I had awful night time heartburn and that made sleeping difficult.  I finally find a nice pillow to prop under me so I'm sleeping a little more elevated now which helps a ton.  Some nights I have to wake up a few times to pee and others I can sleep through the night.  It seems that every night is different when it comes to my sleep. 
  • Cravings: Candy, cheese, Mexican food, ice cream, Waffle House (which I finally got to have over the weekend), grilled cheese and macaroni and cheese. 
  • Food Aversions: Still have no desire to eat pork chops or any kind of pork besides sausage. 
  • What do I miss: Octoberfest beers, apple jack/apple pie moonshine, you know all those yummy fall things.  Good thing I can get a decaf PSL! 
  • Movement: Very consistent now.  The baby is the most active after I eat and in the evenings when we are sitting around watching TV.  Last night I saw one movement from the outside and it was so weird!!!!!
  • Doctor Appointments: I don't go back until October 2nd.  I'm thankful to be having a normal pregnancy that doesn't involve too many appointments. 
  • Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, achy legs and feet, mood swings (though they are not as bad as they were say about 2 weeks ago) and getting full quickly. I also cry a lot over strange things, songs on the radio, commercials for baby things and sometimes I want to cry when my dog or cat does something cute......
  • Gender: Team Pink!  
  • Anything else? I'm so excited to leave for vacation that I cannot think about anything else!  I know we are going to have an amazing time and the beach will be a wonderful change of pace.  We've both been so busy at work and some time together will be great!  I also didn't get a bump photo this week, but I look about the same as I did last week, only my belly feels harder but you won't be able to see that in a photo :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Still so exciting that it's a little girl! Congrats on being OVER half way done! xo

Jamie said...

I was SURE my daughter was a boy too. It's so weird to find out you're wrong when you are so sure.