Sunday, November 3, 2013

My first baby shower

On Saturday, my amazing cousin Becky hosted my very first baby shower at her mom's house outside of Pittsburgh, PA.  It was a very intimate shower with about 16 people including my aunts and cousins who I've been very close with my whole life.  My cousin is very into party planning and made sure that every detail was totally perfect.

Beautiful tables

Place settings and favors

Dessert and punch table

Lovely centerpieces

Beautiful cake made by the same woman who made my mom and dad's wedding cake
We ate amazing food and visited, played "Guess the flavor of the baby food" and enjoyed the amazing cake then it was time to open gifts. 

Playing guess the flavor of the baby food

None of it looked appealing

Baby will need a steelers outfit, even if this season is terrible

Blanket made by my great aunt.

Little but wild, that will be my daughter

Playmat


Easter outfit
I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and for all of the wonderful gifts they gave to our baby.  It was so great to see everyone at the same time as well since it's difficult to see everyone on every trip we make to Pennsylvania.  I'm anxious to start putting the nursery together, organizing and washing all of the baby clothes and to finally have things done!  I think I can still meet my Thanksgiving goal for a completion date!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, the Easter outfit!!!!! You are so lucky to be having a girl to dress up!!!

Everything looks so beautiful! yay for a pretty and great shower!