Friday, January 23, 2009

Haiku Friday - Home, almost sweet, home!

Haiku Friday

As of yesterday
Offer number one is done
Now we sit and wait

Andrew is buying
a nice fixer-upper home
very close to work.

I have dreamed of this
so long now, it can't be real!
A home of our own.

Well the long process of offers and counter offers have begun with the house I talked about in my post a few days ago. I am just praying that it all works out and we can get this place for a good price and start fixing it up! I am really looking forward to picking out paint colors, decorating and everything else (oh and planting flowers in the spring). Andrew isn't really reacting the same way as I am about this house. I think he is excited just in a different way than me. He is looking at it as an investment because we probably won't live there more than 5-7 years. If we did get married in that time and had more than one child, we would need to move, its just not enough house for all those people!

I'll keep you all updated as the process moves along!

4 comments:

maggie said...

Ooh, many congrats! How very exciting.

Mommycosm said...

Very exciting! Hope it all works out for you.

Jenn in Holland said...

Buying a first house is a very exciting prospect! Best of luck with the whole process!

Tumblewords: said...

What fun! Good luck!