Monday, March 2, 2009

Let the process begin!!

The fun of home-buying began on Friday evening. Andrew and I went to the real estate office to sign the contract for the house. By the way, bank owned property contracts are really nuts and have so many addendum's and pretty much repeat the same stuff over and over. We were told 5 times that we only had 7 banking days from acceptance to do an inspection, which we had to pay for. We were also told about 12 times that the house is being sold "As Is" and don't you think we would know that going into this whole deal?!?! And they also gave us a good surprise in the contract when we found out the bank will pay for 1/2 of the closing costs and for the Title Insurance! Afterward, we went to Grapevine to have a drink and some pizza. Oh and in case I didn't mention this, I gave up pop for Lent and its been sooooo hard!!!!

We have already priced out a furnace and hot water heater, Andrew has a meeting with the loan person today after he gets off work. We are going to get appliances off Craigslist so that we can spend more of the money we have on paint and new flooring (pergo wood floors for the lower level which is the kitchen and living room and probably berber carpet for the upstairs bedrooms). I have some paint colors picked out already. We bought some flower seeds this weekend too and I wanna get started on tearing up the gross stuff around the bay window and replanting new flowers ASAP!

We should be closing on or before March 31st but if all goes to plan we might be able to close in about 2 weeks!!!!

2 comments:

Caitlyn said...

Woo hoo! I bet the bank contract has so many repititions because they're so used to working with not the brightest crayons, if you know what I mean. Ha ha. I love planting flowers and gardening, so if you want any help when you start let me know and I'll come over and help you!!!

Amanda said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! Your poor dad had to read us the whole thing too...lol.

Yes, I would love help with the outside stuff! I'm sure you'll know about the same time as me when the closing will be!