Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I'm pretty sure that I posted last year about this....but I feel like its okay to write this post every year.

I remember that I was in commons at school when it happened, they turned the TV's on and there it was....no one believed what was happening.
My boyfriend at the time was not at school that day - just the day before his grandpa had died and he was in Pennsylvania. I called him from the payphone and we were both in shock. I wanted so badly for him to be there with me and I was glad he had not yet joined the military.

I went to American History next - we just watched TV. Choir was the same as was the rest of the day. I went home from school and watched it all night at home. The air was so quiet that night, no planes flew over, it was eerie and strange.

This is our generations Kennedy assassination, this is something we must carry with us for the rest of our lives. I may not live in New York, I may not have known anyone who died there or in the crash in PA or at the Pentagon but it still changes you just the same. You live in the best country in the world and you want to believe that things like this just don't happen, but they can and they do.

No comments: