Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rainy weekend

It was another rainy weekend in Ohio (its been like this for a few weeks) so my motivation totally went out the window. Friday night Andrew got home from work and we went to get a new air mattress for our upcoming camping trip. As much as I hate to admit this, it will also be my first camping trip. Yes, you read that right, I've never gone camping. Beyond Camporee for Girl Scouts which was spent in cabins with bathrooms and not really roughing it I've never camped. We're going to a nearby lake for a few days while Andrew is on vacation at the end of the month. If it rains I'd assume that we won't go, but we'll be taking the boat and our tent and hopefully having some fun.

Saturday I was busy with my internship all morning, first a board meeting and then more survivor interviews later in the day. I didn't get home until 3 and that's when I realized that the van/ puke mobile really was in our driveway and it wasn't a nightmare. We had to drive it everywhere including out to dinner that night and then when we got home, Andrew sat out in the garage talking to it or doing who knows what till 10pm while I watched the Toy Story Marathon on Disney Channel.

Sunday I wanted to go to the zoo but that didn't happen - instead we had to get carpet and a carpet cleaner for the van. But I did end up talking Andrew into going to the park later on in the afternoon. As for the rest of this day, I just want to relax and have a chill day tomorrow!
Classes start tomorrow and I'm not really that nervous. I've had the homework done for a while so I think the first class at least won't be that bad. I have lots of time to get things done for my class and the other one doesn't start until mid-July. My goal is not to get stressed out about school and to take my time with everything and do it right.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think you'll love camping! We go several times a year...and I'm hardly what you what call the "outdoorsy" type.