Friday, October 15, 2010

5 weeks

Five weeks ago fall quarter at school had just started.

Now, five weeks later, I'm halfway through this quarter and about to take my midterm.

And five weeks after that I'll finally be done with college.

It may have taken me 7 years to get here, but I don't care. The road has been hard and painful at times, but I also met some of my best friends here and those good memories will never fade away. The loves and the losses, the late nights and pizza boxes on the floor, early morning classes after a night of dancing, the projects, tests and weekends going home. I'll never forget this place.

I haven't decided if I'll come back in June and walk at my graduation or not. Its not like I'll know anyone in my class anyways. All I care about is finally holding that diploma in my hands and feeling like those student loans were finally worth something.


3 comments:

Leah said...

That's right, it doesn't matter how long its taken you to finish, whats important is that you do finish college and get the diploma in your hands.
If you can make it, I would totally say its worth it to walk on graduation day. I mean, when will u get the chance to ever do that again. Plus, its fun getting dressed up in the gown and taking a few cheesy graduation pictures. : )
Good luck on your midterms!

Amanda said...

I've got a master's, never walked, and still don't feel I've missed much. But I'm hardly sentimental. Congratulations; you have worked so hard and I wish you the best!!!!

Tina L. Hook said...

Big congratulations! The friends you bond with in college are some of the best.