Monday, October 11, 2010

Indiana Weekend

Our trip this weekend was great! The weather was beautiful with highs in the mid 70's, lots of sunshine and lows in the mid 50's. We arrived late on Friday night and had some drinks, chatted and rested up for the next day. Saturday morning the boys went out to Loon Lake hoping to catch a Muskie, but didn't get anything. Then we all headed out to explore the other lakes, get bait and much to everyone dismay look at boats (Andrew really wants to get a bigger boat when I get a job).

Saturday night we went out on the boat with the spotlight and saw some fish, lots of muskrats, raccoons and turtles. We had a bonfire and cooked some brats and it was a really fun night.

Sunday we went to a channel of about 3-4 lakes that was beautiful. You could see all the way to the bottom of the lake and there were swans everywhere. I have always thought they were beautiful despite how mean they can be. We left around 4 and got back to our house around 8:30. Today I'm getting caught up on homework, cleaning and laundry. We're having a birthday party here this weekend for Andrew's sister in law so I've got a lot to accomplish!

Photos from the weekend
View from the backyard of the cabin, this little channel leads up to Big Lake

Lilly pads

We all hoped to catch a big fish, but no one did.

Bridge we went under to Little Barbee lake, where we had lunch.

Tunnel to my favorite part of the lake.

I don't even think I need to explain why this was my favorite spot :)


2 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, these are beautiful pictures! I've never been to Indiana and have always wondered what it looked like.

Amanda said...

I'm jealous. I wish, WISH, we could take a fall trip. I LOVE staying in cabins this time of year. Dang this recession! The pictures are beautiful!