Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looking out


I love living in the country. I love the quiet at night (despite living on a slightly busy road) and how things seem to move slower. This is the view I have from our "side yard" and beyond that is the high school, where in the fall we can listen to football games on a Friday night. The house way off in the distance there was just torn down and became vacant a few months after we moved it. We went and took pictures and figured out the place was at least 150 years old.

I walk the dog in this grassy field where one day and elementary or middle school might be built. Its nice to know that no other houses will be built around us. When we first looked at the house I don't know how much attention I paid to what was around the place. Plus it was the middle of winter and I didn't want to stomp around the yard. But now that we've been hear for nearly two years, I have fully taken in the lovely views we have.

So, what can you see out you're front door, from your side yard or your back door?

Head on over to Mama Kats and link up! This post has been brought to you by Mama Kat's Writers workshop.

Mama's Losin' It

4 comments:

Jody said...

I am in complete envy of your yard. I would love to wake up to that daily.

Unknown said...

My yard-view is mediocre, but back when we lived in IL it was pretty much identical to yours. I miss it!

Jackie said...

I'm a city girl, but I would love to have a nice peaceful view like this!

Swati said...

wow!! Love the description of place where you live :)

Stopping by from Mama Kat'a.
I am your newest follower :)

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/10/frozen-time.html