Thursday, December 16, 2010

Santa's Surprises cookies

My mom made these cookies last year and I was hooked! I believe the recipe is from a girl she works with - they take a little time to make but they are really tasty and loved by everyone!

Santa's Surprises

Ingredients:
2 sticks of unsalted butter softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large bag of miniature Snickers bars unwrapped

- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in peanut butter and blend until combined. Then add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Cover bowl and chill dough in the fridge for 2-3 hours (note: I'm not sure what would happen if you left it in longer, I chilled mine for 2 hours)
- Meanwhile, unwrap snickers bars and place in a bowl.

- Preheat oven to 325 and prepare cookie sheets (note: I used parchment paper and sprayed a little Pam on them as well)
- Remove dough from fridge and make into 1 Tbsp balls and flatten. Place a snickers bar in the middle and form the dough around the candy to make a ball - place on cookie sheet.
- Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes and cool on a wire rack. Garnish with powdered sugar and drizzled chocolate if desired. (note: I didn't have any chocolate so I just did the powdered sugar).



No comments: