Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm Engaged!!!!



After nearly four years of dating, living together for a year and the happiest and most fun times of my life - the man of my dreams finally asked me to marry him yesterday!!


When I got home from work I told him I wanted to get out of the house for a little while, take a drive and maybe go walk around in a park. So we drove out to Buckeye Lake where we often take a warm weather drive and found a pretty little park. After walking around, we sat down at a picnic table and watched the swans and ducks out on the water. He started fidgeting around saying he had an itch and the next thing I remember I looked over and he was holding the ring. It didn't even feel like it was really happening, I was in such disbelief and started to cry.


"There's no one else I'd want to marrry" he told me and I could tell he was just as happy as I was! My family and his are both so excited and I can't wait to start making plans. We'll most likely get married in the fall of 2012.


I can honestly say this is the happiest I've ever been and I've been smiling from ear to ear since late yesterday afternoon.

5 comments:

jennifermariefrederick said...

CONGRATULATIONS Amanda! That is awesome. What a sweet proposal. And your rings is beautiful!

Amanda said...

Thank you so much!!! I am beyond thrilled and excited :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations again! I'm so excited! You'll be such a beautiful bride!

Anonymous said...

OMG! How exciting! Congratulations!!!! You are going to be a stunning bride and I can't wait to watch all of it unfold. :-)

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

Congrats to you and your families! What wonderful news :) I hope you enjoy every little bit of the process... the brainstorming and the planning are soooo fun! :D