Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend started off on a bad foot with me getting sick on Wednesday (my weekend was going to start on Thursday night). I had the day off and did my errands, but when I got home my head was throbbing and my stomach was very unhappy even though all I had eaten was some toast. I spent the rest of the day with chills, body aches and belly issues. All I had to eat was Oyster Crackers and some gatorade/water to drink.

I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night between being sick and a crazy wind and rain storm and decided it was best for me to stay home on Thursday from work (which I felt guilty about since I just started my job and had the next 4 days off). I layed around all day and finally felt well enough to eat, so we decided to at least attempt to go on our Northern Indiana fishing trip.

I felt okay for most of the weekend, but didn't feel much like eating. The weather was nice and we got to squeeze in some fishing, a trip to Shipshewana (an Amish community) and some rest/relaxation. I'm hoping we can go back again this summer since its free to stay at the cabin and only about three hours away. It was fun, but spending almost four days crammed in a tiny 4 room cabin with some of Andrew's family including a 22 month old - I was happy to come home and relax last night.


Geese on the channel leading out to the lake.

Andrew out fishing alone on our "new" boat.

Neat, and big, painted turtle we saw on an afternoon boat ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you were sick, and I hope you feel better! It seems to be going around, Will and my nephew Kimball were both sick this past weekend, too. Also, I'm leaving OH next Saturday (the 14th), so we should get together! Oh, and because I know you like this kind of thing, Jefferson Farms is having a garage sale 9-4 on the 13th and 14th, so you should check it out!

Jessica said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! :)

The turtle is so cute!