Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting back to me

I've posted a lot recently about my lack of "me time" or even "free time" and I hate feeling like work has taken over my life. Right now, I'm currently the only day shift person working my position at the hospital. Until they hire someone new I don't have to work weekends, but I'm still required to work my two 8 hour shifts and two 12's so for a brief time I'll have a "normal" schedule. It will be nice to have the same days off and to have at least three weekday evenings to cook dinner and relax with Andrew.

I've decided that no matter what happens, I need to get back to the "me time" and focusing a little more on myself. I'm tired of feeling bad about the way I look or the attitude I've had about life recently. I know that I'm the only person who can change this attitude and this funk that I've gotten myself into.

I've been depressed about my job.
I've been depressed about the way I look.
I am jealous of other people my age advancing quickly in their careers.
I sometimes feel my degree was a waste of money.
I feel like we're never going to get ahead.

These are the most common negative thoughts that run through my head constantly. My goal for this week is to quit thinking like this all together.

I've also started reading a great diet book, "This is why you're fat" by Jackie Warner and after only reading the first three chapters, my attitude feels a little better. I know what I need to do to change the way I look and feel and it can only get better from here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I hope you feel better about everything soon! That sucks about your job. I know how you feel about your degree being a waste. Even when I was looking to work, I couldn't find anything, and now I'm attempting to go in this entirely different direction.
Let me know if that book is any good! Maybe I'll look into it, too. Even though I KNOW why I'm fat, it has to do with peanut butter pie, pop, ice cream, and only exercising once a week when I walk the kids to playgroup, ha ha.
Miss you and good luck with everything!