- My fiance Andrew, no matter what he's always been there supporting me and loving me. He works so hard to provide us with a comfortable life, he's been working on our house nearly every day and can always make me laugh when I'm about to cry. I cannot wait till this time next year when I'm his wife!
- My family. The last two years have been rough with my dad loosing his job of 27 years, my brother starting his own business and my mom taking on a leadership role at her work. No matter what, they have always been there for me too and love me for me!
- My home. Sure its not a mansion and its not even totally remodeled yet, but its a nice little start for me and Andrew. I'm sure that in five years or so we'll outgrow this house but the memories we will make here will last forever.
- My job. Yeah, its not my dream job at all, but at least I have an income that pays the bills and lets us have a little extra money for things like a shopping spree at the thrift store or a new couch and love seat (which should be moved into the house when I get home).
- My health. I've really come to value my health watching so many women struggle with Ovarian Cancer through my volunteer work. I believe its something we all take for granted and really shouldn't.
- My in-laws. They might be totally different than the rest of my family, but they have been so good to me over the last year. I'm so happy to have such a close relationship with my future mother and father-in-law and Andrew's siblings. I'm also thankful that my brother and Andrew get along so well and have become good friends.
I'm sure there's a million more things that I could write to be thankful about, but I think I'll just keep it short and sweet. This year has been a crazy amount of ups and downs in my life and I can only hope that next year will bring more amazing memories and wonderful times. There have been wonderfly happy moments: our engagement, graduation, accomplishing things with our home and there have been some moments that have been hard: finding out my grandpa had lung cancer, my dad having to change jobs again. Next year there is going to be a lot to be thankful for and hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping up on this blog.
I hope that you and yours have an amazing Thanksgiving and take a moment to reflect on what you're thankful for this year.