Sunday, January 15, 2012

just wait 5 minutes and it will change



I took the above picture on December 4th. It had been winter for a few weeks but we hadn't really seen any snow. I was totally okay with no snow since I have a 30 minute commute to work. Just a week ago, it was 50 degrees here in the Columbus area and then things changed.....


On Friday I woke up to these crazy snow drifts outside our back door. They are almost two feet high though we only got maybe three inches of snow.

I have a love hate relationship with winter time, the first snow can be really pretty but this was just a bit much. When I got home from work on Friday night, I had to shovel a drift away from the garage door so I could pull inside and the poor dog could hardly get out the front door.

But in true Ohio weather fashion, its supposed to warm up again mid week, all this snow will melt thanks to the rain we are going to get and by next weekend it will be cold again. Maybe its time for me to move somewhere with more predictable weather patterns.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Ohio. Good luck finding somewhere predictable. It's not here! Maybe in the southwest. I think they only weather they get is "hot and dry," "hotter and dry," and "hell ain't got nothin' on this." :)