So why didn't anyone tell me:
- That my in-laws were going to tease me about my wedding dreams and plans. Mind you, they are super cheap, hate weddings and think this is a royal affair. It's mostly his mom and sister that like to tease me, and it really hurts my feelings. They are not feminine at all and chastize me for being girly. It's been really hard for me to deal with and there really isn't anyone who I can talk to about it either.
- That after my in-laws agreed to pay for the food for the wedding they would ask me if we could have a potluck for the reception. Half my family is traveling for three hours to come.....so not happening. Thankfully I put that fire out quickly.
- That my mom would be INSANE and freakout constantly, that my email, text and phone would be blowing up with her questions almost everyday.
- That I would have weekly emotional breakdowns, nightmares and a stomach aches. Last night I cried myself to sleep with worry about how we would pull it all together.
- That it's really hard to save up the money needed, even if you're having a cheap wedding.
- That eloping would have been a better idea and/or leaving my mother out of this entirely.
- That everyone would have an opinion about every decision I make: the food, the dress colors, my dress, my hair, my weight.......
I want more than anything to wake up and not be stressed, to feel a weight lifted off my shoulders and to be EXCITED and HAPPY about my wedding. How do I get to that point? Is this normal?