Thursday, December 27, 2012

A long Christmas weekend wrap-up

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and those in the Midwest are doing well after that crazy snow storm we had!  I'll try to recap the holiday weekend as best as possible and I've got some pictures too!

Friday: I took the day off work, it was my mom's birthday and she wanted to go shopping, at 7am, at Macy's.  I put a smile on my face and told her okay and she picked me up at 6:45am to head to the mall.  We were there till 2pm, and about 3 hours were spent at Macy's, she's just a little obsessed.  Friday night Andrew took me to get my Christmas gift, the iPhone 5 :) which I LOVE and I don't know how I put up with my crummy HTC Evo for so long with its poor battery life and constant dropped calls.

Saturday: We still had more shopping to do and headed out to a different mall, where we were successful in finding the rest of our gifts.  Then I had to go to the grocery store, which was a hot mess and caused me to have a total meltdown.  Immature, yes, and I was pretty embarrassed afterwards.

Sunday: I cleaned most of the day in preparation for our party, baked two pies and made two batches of cookies.  I ran over to my parents house to drop off the pies and our card table and watched the Steelers loose horribly and blow their season.  Oh well, there's always next year!

Monday: Christmas Eve, we hung out all morning watching movies and lounging around.  I cleaned a little more and prepped some of our food for the party.  We went to mass at 4 at my church, picked up my grandma afterwards and headed to my parents house for dinner and our gift exchange.  I love the traditions that my parents have kept over all these years.  We have a traditional Polish dinner of fish, perogies, rolls, green beans and beans with sauerkraut.  Before the meal, we passed around a wafer that resembles the host at church and everyone took a piece to eat to remind us of the true meaning of the season and that we are all part of the body of Christ.  I may have cried a little bit.  We drank and laughed, had our gift exchange and stayed till midnight.

Tuesday: Christmas Day, Andrew and I had already exchanged gifts but did little stocking stuffers and opened those in the morning.  We finished getting ready for his family party which started around 3 and had a great time visiting with everyone, exchanging gifts and playing cards.  I think I ate my weight in cheese and bean dip.  Good thing we are starting a weight loss challenge at work next week.  

Wednesday: I was supposed to go back to work, but the winter storm we got had other plans and our office stayed closed for an extra day.  I was thankful to not have to go out in the snow and risk wrecking my new-to-me car.  Andrew had the day off so we stayed home and watched the snow fly.  I felt bad being lazy all day, but man was it nice!!!

Our tree this year.
When the storm started around 8am on 12/26, this is all freezing rain.

And about an hour later it started to snow.
She will sniff anything!

Our poorly plowed street, so glad I wasn't out driving!


From the side garage door to the deck.

My view from the living room window for most of the day.

No comments: