Monday, October 21, 2013

What else has been going on

I feel like all I have been posting about recently is my pregnancy so here are some other things that have been going on in my life:

  • We are in the midst of several house projects right now.  Not only is Andrew starting on the nursery painting this week, we are also getting started on our downstairs bathroom and installing an above the stove microwave.  I was in need of more counter space and getting a microwave for 75% off was such a good deal we couldn't say no!
  • A while back we hit a deer with my Honda and I'm happy to say it's finally fixed with the addition of two new headlights since mine were badly fogged and letting in water.  I feel like I have a brand new car!
  • I have a busy end of this month/beginning of November coming up with both work and our life in general.  I have a big event at work in about a month as well as several childbirth and breastfeeding classes.  I have a bridal shower and Halloween party to attend this weekend and both of my baby showers are next month!
  • We have had our kitty Bradley for almost a year already which I find hard to believe.  We adopted him from Cat Welfare in Columbus on October 27th of last year and he's been such a great addition to our family.  
  • I was hoping we would get around to pumpkin or apple picking this year but neither have happened.  We have been so busy every weekend and when we don't have plans the weather is crummy (like it was this past Saturday, rainy and 45 no thanks)
  • I have been getting rid of a lot of junk and cleaning out my hoards of things recently.  Call it early nesting or fall cleaning but we have taken two truckloads of stuff to goodwill, I've given away a lot of clothes and reorganized (sort of) my basement and still plan to get rid of more stuff and box away things I can't wear or can't use right now.  I can't fathom how at 28 I have so much stuff, but if I can carve away at the layers and keep getting rid of things I will feel much better!
  • I'm ready for the cooler weather.  Call me crazy, but I love being snuggled up indoors with a cup of tea and a good book or maybe my knitting loom.  I'm sure the hot flashes I've been having aren't helping the situation either.
That's about all that's going on for right now!  I hope to be back tomorrow with a week 27 bumpdate!  I was having issues getting my post to publish last week plus I was crazy busy! 

1 comment:

Erin said...

I need to purge some 'junk' too. Cruddy weather days makes for good junk pitching weather! :)

What was the name of the medicine they gave you?? Been feeling blue all the time lately, want to talk to my dr. about it next week.