Sunday, November 17, 2013

Baby Shower #2

Baby Shower #2
My second baby shower was so much more than I ever could have asked for.  My mom and my good friend Laura really outdid themselves and it was a great afternoon with my closest friends and family.


We had lovely weather, though it was cloudy most of the afternoon, it was warm and it didn't rain (like it has been on and off all day today).  I was so happy to see so many people come out to support Andrew and I and our new baby girl.


My grandma made her famous sugar cookies and also brought the cake, made by the same baker that made my first birthday cake.  It was also really tasty with fluffy icing, just how I like it! 


Even the guest book was adorable and I plan to hang it up in the babies room.  Everyone wrote a little message or piece of advice to the baby and it was so sweet to read them when we were cleaning up after the party.

I was blown away with everyone's generosity!  We received so many wonderful gifts and could not say thank you enough!


Adorable clothes, diapers, baby must have's, books, bath items, lots of toys, handmade gifts from my cousins, aunts and great aunts and so many more amazing things. 



The funniest game that we played was "Daddy Knows Best" where Laura had asked Andrew questions about being a dad and the baby and I had to guess his answers.  Some of them were really funny.  One of the questions was What item on the registry do you have no idea what it's for and Andrews answer was, "I've never looked at the registry, is it too late now?!" He's something else!



I was happy to share the day with some of my closest childhood friends, my friend Amanda (to my right) is also pregnant and due at the end of March.  We have all known one another for many years and it was great to spend time with them. 



My good friend Sarah from college is also pregnant and it's been amazing sharing this journey together.  We saw this photo on Pinterest when we both found out we were pregnant and knew that we needed to re-create it at the baby shower.  I'm so happy to have several friends who are pregnant right now and to be able to share this special time, to lament together when we have bad days and to celebrate the little victories that have come with pregnancy. 


As I've spent most of the afternoon washing tiny clothes, burp clothes and blankets I've been thinking a lot about how lucky we are to have so many people who love us and our daughter.  I'm happy to say the nursery is really coming along and I am going to meet my deadline of having it all done by Thanksgiving. 

No comments: