- How far along? 30 weeks and 3 days
- How big is baby? According to my Baby Bump App, the baby is as big as a large head of cabbage, around 15.7 inches long and weighing 3lbs
- Weight gain? 15 lbs - I will find out at the doctor today if that has increased which I'm sure it has
- Stretch Marks? I am learning to accept that the stretch marks have appeared and they are here to stay, I'm just glad they are only about 1 inch long and some shorter than that.
- Sleep: It comes and goes. Over the weekend I had one good night of sleep. Saturday night both Andrew and I could not get comfortable all night and didn't sleep well at all. I also had to get up to go to the bathroom at least three times and I had that strange "my belly is full of air" feeling. Last night I was up with a stomach ache followed by violent kicks from the baby. I sat on the bathroom floor for 20 minutes waiting for the pain to pass thinking I might become ill but I ate some tums and managed to fall asleep for a few more hours.
- Cravings: Comfort food, pancakes, ice cold water, peanut butter straight out of the jar, cold milk and my caffeine free Pepsi with lots of ice!
- Food Aversions: Again, I wouldn't call them aversions, but I can't really eat anything spicy anymore and I can't eat much in one sitting without feeling super full.
- What do I miss: Sleeping straight through the night, being able to go up and down the stairs of our split level house without getting winded, my old body and red wine. All I have been thinking about is a good glass of wine with some cheese and crackers....yummmm
- Movement: The baby is still very active and she has started to go crazy in the middle of the night too. She still seems to be the most active around 8 at night and after I eat in the morning though I feel her move throughout the day.
- Doctor Appointments: Have one later this afternoon
- Labor Signs: Nope. I have a feeling she won't be born on January 20th and I keep thinking it will be more like January 25th or something.
- Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, feeling winded after walking too far or up and down the stairs, bending over is becoming more difficult, heartburn (though it's not nearly as bad as it has been) and general discomfort which I know is here to stay.
- Wedding Rings: Still on and sometimes tight but I'm not ready to take them off just yet.
- Belly Button: Still an innie, I'm curious if that will change.
- Gender: Team Pink!
- Anything else? I'm excited for my second baby shower this weekend and finishing up the nursery which I know I will have done by Thanksgiving. I've been doing a lot more reading as well and I'm currently reading the books Baby Wise, The Bradley Method for Natural Childbirth and the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. All of them are full of a lot of good tips and I've been taking lots of notes. We also took some maternity pictures over the weekend thanks to my sister-in-law and I will post them as soon as she sends them to me, hopefully by the end of the week. It was a super chilly and windy day on Sunday for photos but Andrew's parents farm is so pretty that the pics still turned out great. Everyone also keeps telling me they think the baby will be huge, I really hope they are wrong.
|Love that we took our pics where we had our |
|Probably my favorite photo|
|Inside the barn|