Monday, June 23, 2014

Jeanette - 5 months old

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I can't believe that we are just one month away from the 6 month mark!!!  It's so crazy to think that at this time last year I was starting to tell people that I was pregnant!  

Height: 26 1/2 inches

Weight: 14lbs, 1oz

Clothes/Diapers: Girlfriend is still rocking a lot of size 0-3 month and 3 month clothes, although some 3-6 month dresses are fitting her better now.  She's still in a size one diaper, but I plan to buy some size two's this week since I think the other's are getting to short in the waist area.  

Sleep:  I can't tell you how thankful we are to have a baby that sleeps through the night!  Jeanette usually goes to bed around 9-10pm and wakes up around 7am.  She's been bad at napping lately, I think the 4 month sleep regression might have been to blame.  She seems to enjoy napping late in the day, say around 1 or 3pm.  

Feedings: Jeanette eats 5 ounces of formula about every 4 hours.  She now gets rice or oatmeal cereal two times a day, at lunch time and around 7pm.  She LOVES the cereal and goes nuts when she sees me coming with the bowl.  She opens her mouth like a baby bird and squeals in delight, it's one of my favorite times of the day with her because she's so happy!  

Best Moment(s):   Jeanette's baptism on June 1st was pretty amazing and such a wonderful day with our family and friends.  I know I will remember that day for a very long time.  There have been other super adorable moments this month as well: when you walk past Jeanette in her exersaucer or her seat, she will reach up for you to hold her, she's also trying super hard to hold the bottle on her own now and gets so excited when it's time to eat, she has the most amazing laugh in the world and we could listen to her giggle for hours and her grasp is incredible!  She can transfer objects from one hand to another!  

Worst Moment(s):  Around the middle of the month, I think that Jeanette started teething.  It seems to come and go but there are nights when she just can't handle the pain.  I have been using the natural Orajel and the teething keys that you put in the freezer.  When she's really bad we give her Tylenol.  There was one night were nothing could soothe her, I took her up in her room, shut all the blinds and turned off the lights, turned on her teddy bear that plays nice music and just rocked her.  It was so hard to watch her cry, she didn't want the pacifier and ended up sucking on a wet washcloth for a good hour till she finally calmed down.  

Development:  You are really good at grasping objects and love your rattles and woobies.  You don't stay on your playmat for long because you are too busy rolling across the floor.  You love to be on your belly and look around at things.  You're latest thing is pulling down objects, for example when we get ready for bed at night I hang your PJ's on the changing table and you like to get a hold of them and rub them all over your face.  You also like to lay on your belly and move your legs and arms a lot like you are trying to crawl.  You haven't quite figured out how to get up on all fours just yet!    

Jeanette Dislikes:  There really isn't much Jeanette doesn't like at the moment. 

Anything else?:  We are really enjoying this age!  Jeanette is so bubbly and sweet that I just want to spend all my time looking at her and playing with her.  Her personality is really starting to shine through and I love to watch her learn and grow.  Some mornings when I get her out of bed (which is only a few days during the week), I swear she looks like she has grown a bunch overnight and maybe she has.  



Jeanette Loves:  Exploring your world, rolling across the room, having your cereal, putting your hands in mommy's mouth or pulling on my nose or hair, watching the cat and dog, sucking on your fingers or thumb, reaching up for people to pick you up when they walk past you, playing in your exersaucer, watching mommy work out and "helping" fold the laundry.   








1 comment:

Laura said...

She's so cute and smiley!! I finally had a moment to comment on this wonderful post- even though I read it the other day! But i totally agree that sometimes i swear she looks different and bigger in the mrngs...so crazy! So great to see how wonderful little Jeanette is doing!