Saturday, November 22, 2008

On a chilly Friday night....

So I got a text from Andrew yesterday afternoon asking me to dinner last night when he got off work.....he said he didn't want to go home so I said I'd meet up with him, no big deal I thought, what can it hurt.

We had the best time....it almost felt like our first date all over again....we went to Buffalo Wings and Rings (one of our fave places to eat) and had a nice dinner and a few beers. Then we went to Meijer so he could get snacks for work and home (his parents are on a vegan diet....and he is not a vegan...lol). He held my hand in the store, I felt so dorky getting giggly about it, it was laid back and fun. Nothing felt awkward and it was just a feeling that I can't explain, like I felt whole again. We sat in the car and talked for a while, he couldn't stop staring at me, it was a look I've never seen in his eyes. I could just tell he missed me that things weren't the same....so here I am again, not sure how to feel.

We kissed and then we both cried, trying to hide it from one another bc we have both been so miserable. So we're back at square one and I'm okay with that, a fresh start and no more of me getting my hopes up too much and no more wondering what is going to happen.

Its time for me to start taking things one day and one step at a time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Slowly. One day, one step at a time. And carefully.