Thursday, July 1, 2010

10 Things that will always make me smile

Look, I'm back doing a Writers Workshop post! I've been feeling a little down in the dumps lately and honestly yesterday I was on the verge of a meltdown. As I mentioned I feel like there isn't enough time in the day to get anything done but today I'm determined to make some time for myself! So anyways, this prompt came at a perfect time because it was asking what 10 things always make you smile when you are sad - here is my list!
  1. Andrew - He's my boyfriend so he better be able to make me smile! He always seems to know when I am feeling bummed and will snuggle up extra close to me or send me a sweet text while he is at work to cheer me up!
  2. Bessie - That dog can melt just about anyone's heart with those big droopy eyes and long ears. Whenever I feel down I can just look at her and giggle because she is so dag-on cute! I mean really, look at how stinking adorable she is!!!!
  3. Music - Every since I was a kid listening to music and singing have been a very important part of my life. I was even in high school choir as evidenced by the photo below. Sometimes the best therapy is being in the house when no one else is here and putting my iTunes on shuffle while I just think about the songs.
  4. Desserts/chocolate/ice cream - I love sweets, and I mean love them. Its a good thing that I am pretty talented at baking in order to support this habit. I think I get this from my mom and her dad who both have to have something sweet after every meal!
  5. Friends - I've got to say I have some of the best friends on the planet! They always know how to make me smile and they are there for me no matter what :) I know who to call when I need to laugh, who will always be a shoulder to lean on and so forth.
  6. Photography/Photo Editing - As you might be able to tell I love to take pictures of EVERYTHING! I love to then upload them all on my computer and fool around with Photoshop and make them look fancy. I edited the picture below, which I took on our camping trip. We found a neat historic cemetery and I took some cool pictures.
  7. Watching a Favorite Movie - This always seems to make me happy when I'm sick or feeling down. I remember the last time I had to call off work sick, Clueless was on TV and it cheered me up (as dumb as that might sound) but to this day I love that movie!
  8. Not having to cook dinner - Yeah, this rarely happens and no I don't mean that Andrew cooks instead, that will only happen when pigs fly! Sometimes though we do go out for dinner or go eat food with his family or mine and I gotta say its nice not to cook. I'm sure most of you would agree.
  9. Getting a good bargain - Yes, I'm a dork I know but I love sales and getting things for a good price! I got a couple tops at Macy's a few weeks back on super clearance that are adorable and some great clothes at the thrift store the week before this. Nothing is better than the delight I feel getting something great for cheap!
  10. A good nights sleep - When I'm bummed out or sick, its super hard for me to sleep but those nights when I don't wake up once....when no one comes in at 7:30am asking how much later I am going to sleep in....and when the dog doesn't want to go out at 4am are the best ever!!!!
So what did you write about this week?
Mama's Losin' It

3 comments:

Kimi said...

That dog is cracking me up! That is enough to make anyone smile. For reals.

KatBouska said...

I love a good bargain...or just any kind of shopping. :)

And yes, the puppers is adorable!!

paige said...

What a good list! I love the dog. My dog always makes me happy, too. :)