Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another busy weekend

I feel like I haven't had a quiet moment in who knows how long - between school and my internship as well as our "social life" things have been nuts and this weekend was no exception!

Friday: I finished cleaning the house in preparation for my friend Megan and her boyfriend coming to stay with us. This was the first time we had overnight guests (unless you count my brother passing out on our couch every now and then) so I wanted to make sure everything was clean and organized. That night, I cooked dinner at home and we relaxed.

Saturday: The day of the wedding. My friend Andrea who I roomed with in college got married and the whole day was great! The weather was wonderful, the groom cried when she came down the aisle and the reception was a great party with lots of dancing and wine!

All of us before the wedding. This was the second time in nearly three years that I've seen Andrew dressed up, he cleans up pretty nice! I got a new dress for the wedding (and some spanx).

Us at the reception, its rare for their to be a good photo of us. The whole evening was a lot of fun and I was happy to host my friend and her boyfriend so they didn't have to drive 2 hours back to where she is going to grad school.

Sunday: I had a meeting for my internship in the morning and then we headed to Andrew's sisters house for the fall party. There was supposed to be a bonfire, but since the weather has been so dry around here it was too dangerous to have one. So instead we enjoyed a Mexican feast and everyone company for the evening. It was fun, but I was happy to get home and lay around after having a little too much fun on Saturday night.

What did everyone else do this weekend?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like a good weekend! i want to have a fall party, but here in FL we'd have to wait until nov or dec for it to even be cool enough! lol.

we went camping this weekend, which was pretty fun!

Leah said...

Fun! I love weddings! They are always such a blast and who doesn't love getting the chance getting to celebrate love?!

mypixieblog said...

What a wonderful weekend. You both look terrific! And that's sooooo sweet that the groom cried (awwww).