I didn't really start this year off with any goals in mind (other than finding a job). Now that its September, which I can hardly believe, I've decided to set some goals that I'm hoping to accomplish by the end of the year:
1) Consistently work out: I finally have a gym membership so for $30 a month, I better use it as much as I can!
2) Find a new job: I'm really praying hard this is going to happen before the holidays so I don't have to work on Thanksgiving and New Years Eve/New Years Day.
3) Read at least three books: I'm working on one right now, not sure yet about the other two. I'm thinking "Place of Yes" by Bethany Frankel will be one of them for sure :)
4) Get the deposit paid for the reception tent and find a caterer for the wedding: I MUST do these things in the next month....as well as meeting with the photographer and going to try dresses on so I can make sure I still want the style I've picked for my mom to make. We'll have to start on the dress come January.
5) Try some new recipes: I've tried two in the last couple months, one was excellent (Ruben Casserole from Andrew's mom) and the other sucked (crunchy onion chicken). I've been saving recipes from Martha Stewart, Taste of Home and Country Living for months but have yet to try making any of them.
6) Keep eating healthy: I've been good about this one lately and want to continue.
7) Get organized: My house has been turned upside down since Andrew and I have both been working so much. I cannot stand the piles of clutter, how I never seem to find/make time to put laundry away and the dog hair tumbleweeds rolling across the floor. When I get home at 8pm, cleaning is the last thing I want to be doing.
8) Maintain a positive attitude: I really have to work on this and I really don't want anything to stop me from being less bitchy and depressed. I know once winter comes, this is going to be difficult because the weather makes me feel awful. But I have Christmas to look forward to and our 4 year anniversary so hopefully these things will keep me positive!
I'm sure I could think of more goals, but I think this is a good start for now. What do you want to accomplish before 2012?