Sunday, April 15, 2012

family time

Saturday Andrew and I spent nearly the entire day with my family.  We went to an auction in nearby Millersport, a small town near Buckeye Lake and my mom and dad joined us.  We enjoyed breakfast at their house before heading out and had a great afternoon sharing laughs and spending a little money on neat antiques.  I scored some lovely vintage table cloths, salmon pyre baking dishes, cobalt vases and Christmas decor.  I could go to an auction or estate sale every single weekend, its really become something I love.   

We stopped at a nearby bar/restaurant for drinks and food afterwards and it was a really nice day.  On the way home we stopped to see my grandparents.  The doctor put my grandpa on oxygen last week and his feet are still a little swollen from the radiation treatments.  Its so hard to watch him not be the strong man he once was but I try to enjoy each moment spent with them.

The older I get the more I cherish time with family.  Through my rough teenage and early twenties, my parents and I did not get a long well and I avoided spending time with them.  Now I really regret those decisions and I'm trying to make up for lost time in a sense.

Sunday was spent doing my typical cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and meal preparation.  Freezer meals have been the new norm for us now that I have a bit longer of a commute in the evenings and its so much easier to thaw a meal in the fridge all day and toss it in the oven.  I've had to get a little more creative with the warm weather and the crock pot meals not being so summer friendly.

Hopefully everyone else had a wonderful weekend!  Next weekend we have our pre-cana class for the wedding, I'm sure that will make a great blog post!

No comments: