Monday, August 13, 2012

To-do list.....haha

I didn't accomplish much on my weekend to-do list but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I knew how busy I was going to be and how hard it would be to get much of anything done.  I did manage to make a trip to the dollar store to purchase some of the items I needed to make the tissue paper pom-poms and favor bags.  I still need to find a few more items and I'm hoping to make a trip to Party City this evening.  

Friday and Saturday night I was volunteering at our church festival doing photography.  It was quite a shock to the system when it cooled down on Friday and Saturday despite the rain a lot of people still came out.

Yes, that is me with the Star Wars guys, I blame Andrew for this!
Friday night there was a really neat group of Star Wars impersonators that took pictures with the kids and walked around.  The R2D2 actually ran around (controlled by a remote) and made noise.  The kids loved it and obviously so did I because I just had to have my picture taken with them.  Andrew has been trying to get me to like Star Wars since we started dating.

My dad's band
 On Saturday night it rained for the first hour or so of the festival and my dads band played from 6:30 till 8pm.  I wish they could have played longer, they did a really nice job.  Andrew has never seen my dad play electric guitar or with a band and he was totally blown away.  It was so cute to see his jaw drop to the floor, especially when they played Freebird at the end.

My dad's beautiful guitars, the one on the left is my favorite.


It's always good to get to see my dad having a good time.  I may not have checked many things off my to do list but I did get a few things done: weeded, deadheaded and cut back some of the wedding flowers Andrew's mom and I planted, went to visit my grandparents and great aunt, bought supplies for a few wedding crafts, froze 12 quarts of sweet corn and did all of my shopping for the week.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

had to come visit since you commented on my guest post on life after i dew and share my dislike of messy buns on the gymnasts! that's so cool your dad is in a band!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me! Wish I could have been there to see your dad play!

Aleta said...

So cool that your Dad does what he enjoys doing :) Sometimes we forget to focus on the things we like. And I like the guitar on the left too!

Rachel said...

Both of us spent time with our dads and neither of us got anything done! :) LOL! :)