Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 14 Bumpdate and Week 13 Ultrasound photos

It's official, I'm now in the second trimester and man they aren't kidding, I feel great!  All I seem to want to do is eat and I have a lot more energy.  My Ultrascreen appointment went really well and I got to see the baby move around for 40 minutes.  We have a 1 in 10,000+ chance of the baby having Down's or Triostomy 18 which is really amazing, I'm not sure what I was so nervous about going into this appointment.  I've added my ultrasound photos for those who didn't get to see them in my post about the baby appointments.  I promise to also get better about posting photos with my bumpdates!

  • How far along? 14 weeks and 1 day
  • How big is baby? According to my What to Expect App, the baby is as big as a naval orange and about 4.5 inches long and 2-3 oz in weight!
  • Weight gain? I would say around 2-4 pounds at this point.  At my ultrascreen, they weighed me and I had not gained anymore but I've been a lot hungrier since Friday and have been eating a lot.
  • Stretch Marks? I'm getting more on my chest than I had. My skin is also really dry which is annoying since I normally have very oily skin. 
  • Maternity Clothes: I ordered more from Target and they should arrive this week.  Most of my pants are getting really tight so in comes the belly band for assistance.  I can still manage to fit into a few pairs of jeans and capris without the belly band because they are stretch.
  • Sleep: I'm starting to struggle a little more with sleeping.  I have a hard time getting comfortable enough to fall asleep and my night time heartburn has been awful.  It kept me up half the night on Saturday.  My round ligament pain seems to be worse around 8-9pm as well.
  • Cravings: Cheese is still the biggest one, peanut butter, grilled cheese and tomato soup, tortilla soup or corn chowder, coffee (don't worry I've been drinking decaf) and mashed potatoes. 
  • Food Aversions: I don't seem to have many but I'm still grossed out by hot dogs/brats as well as lunch meat.
  • What do I miss: I still miss my wine and I miss being able to get comfortable in bed fairly easily.
  • Symptoms: Mood swings, round ligament pain, back aches if I walk too far or stand for too long and night time heartburn.  
  • Anything else? I'm just happy to be feeling better and to have more motivation to get things done around the house. We are also super anxious to find out what we are having but have to wait another 6 weeks at least....bummer!
From the ultrasound last Wednesday, check out that profile!!!!
I swear the baby looks like Andrew already!


No comments: