Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What's going on

This past week and a half has been one for the record books and so much has been going on.....
  1. Last Thursday our dog got really sick.  On Wednesday, Andrew noticed that her hind end was swollen up and she wasn't acting like herself.  She did want to play and she could hardly hop down the two steps to get outside.  By Thursday morning, she couldn't even walk and both of us called off work to take her to the vet.  She also wasn't eating, which is not like her at all.  I was so scared we would have to put her down and I cried the entire morning.  At 10:45 we rolled into the parking lot at the vet's office and they quickly discovered she had an abscessed and infected anal gland.  They drained everything out and put her on antibiotics.  Andrew's mom offered to keep her until she healed up since we both work all day.

    By Friday, she was bad again and was running a high fever, close to 104 so it was back to the vet I went after leaving work at noon for our impending camping trip.  She was given a shot to break her fever, cortisone for her swelling and put on pain pills.  Andrew's mom said she would still keep her so we could go on our trip (more on that later) and finally got her eating and moving around again.  She was in really rough shape for a few days but is almost back to 100% now.

    Laying in her basket at grandma and grandpas.

  2. We went camping over the weekend and pretty much got rained out.  We didn't arrive until late Friday night because of taking the dog back to the vet.  Saturday morning the weather was great and we got the boats in the water, only for it to start raining 20 minutes later.  Every time we got out on the boat it seemed, it started to rain and by Saturday night we were sick of the weather and packed it up to come home.  I was disappointed but happy to sleep in my dry bed.
  3. One of the walls of Andrew's parents barn caved in because of all the rain but thankfully none of the 110 year old barn structure above was damaged.  Andrew's dad is working hard to get everything repaired before the next big rain storm comes.
  4. We've had 3 inches of rain in the last four days....CRAZY!
  5. I have one week left in the first trimester - I'll post a bumpdate tomorrow.
  6. I've been receiving so many compliments about what a good job I'm doing at work and it's making me feel wonderful.  I love my boss, I get along well with all of my coworkers and best of all is that I love what I do!  I can't imagine not coming back to work after I have the baby because I find my work so rewarding. 

No comments: