Friday, August 23, 2013

A much needed vacation

I am so incredibly happy that Andrew and I FINALLY decided on a destination for our vacation this year.  We have been going back and forth for about a month trying to figure out where to go.  I knew I would have to take some days unpaid if we took and entire week off work, but I was willing to make the sacrifice knowing that next summer it might be hard to get away with a 6 month old baby. 

We narrowed it down to.....
  • Gatlinburg, TN
  • Northern Michigan (sleeping bear dunes area)
  • Niagara Falls
  • Kelley's Island
In my deepest heart, I really wanted to go to the beach but knew that we didn't have the time to drive the 10 hours it would take to get to Ocean City, MD and that finding a hotel would be next to impossible.  Then it suddenly dawned on me this past Monday, duh my grandma has a condo in Florida about 30 minutes from the beach!!!!  Why didn't I think of this sooner?!

I quickly got onto every travel website on earth checking ticket prices and managed to get us two round trip tickets with one stop in Atlanta for $500 and Andrew can get a cheap rental car through work.  Plus our lodging is free so how could we go wrong?!  My grandma's sister also lives close by so we will be able to visit with her as well, even if she was just up on Ohio about a month ago visiting everyone. 

Our only other major vacation (our last minute honeymoon) was cut short last year due to my grandpa passing away, so I'm hoping that this will make up for that trip.  We will be gone for 7 lovely days of Florida sun and fun on the gulf coast about 1 hour north of Fort Myers.  I'm so excited to spend some time together before the baby comes.  Now my mission is to find a maternity swim suit and a few more pairs of shorts before we leave next month.  And for once in my life I'm not worried about loosing weight to be seen on the beach, how lovely pregnancy can be!!!

I can't wait for a full week of sun, the beach, the lovely condo pool that no one uses, sea food, walks and fishing!!!!

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

You are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it! :)