Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Last week was totally nuts!  I was so busy at work and fell so far behind at home.  I had a week full of meetings at work and worked for 12 hours on Tuesday.  On Thursday night, we had Jeanette's 6 month photos taken.  Even though she's closer to 7 months now, we had to cancel our last two sessions due to the weather and Andrew being sick.  We had amazing weather and Jeanette was posing like a baby model!

Thank you to Erica Pitcock Photography for this sneak peek!  We can't wait
to see the rest!
Friday night we headed down to our local street fair.  We didn't make it to the state fair or one of our other favorite fairs this summer, being sick in the summer is a big downer!  Jeanette as always was great and enjoyed walking around with us.  She really wanted a bite of my elephant ear and was so mad that she couldn't have any.  Next year I'm sure she will be able to enjoy some fair food with us :)


Saturday we spent the morning running errands, cleaning the house and visiting with my grandma and her sister.  I was glad that for once we didn't have any concrete plans so it was nice to get caught up on things at home.

Sunday morning I headed to visit with my friend Amanda and her two boys.  Her youngest is two months younger than Jeanette and it's so fun to watch the kids "play" together.  All of my friends seem to be having boys and so far I'm the only one that has a girl who still lives around here.  

Jeanette is also trying really hard to crawl.  She's been getting up on all fours for a few weeks now so we knew this was coming, but now she gets really mad when she tries to move.  I imagine it won't be long before she is on the move.  I am also having a hard time believing that she will be 7 months old on Saturday!  
I'm excited for next weekend.  My brother is going to college and is having a big party on Saturday.  My parents have kindly volunteered to watch Jeanette for us on Saturday night so that we can enjoy the party.  It will be weird to not have her for the night, but I think it will be good for all of us!  I can't wait to celebrate with my brother.  We are so proud of him for deciding to change careers and I know he will do great in school!  

What did you do this weekend?  Do you have any plans for the rest of the summer? 

1 comment:

Carol said...

How cute is Jeanette?!?! Absolutely adorable! Sounds like she will be on the go before you know it! Enjoy the party this weekend. You deserve a night out Momma!