Monday, May 4, 2009

A mess of thoughts

Well, its been a week once again since I've blogged.....I need to try to be better about this, but I've been so busy! So here is the rundown of what has been going on:
  • Dad hasn't found a job yet, it will be a month on the 17th since he was "let go/his position was eliminated," and I've been helping him apply for jobs almost every day. He seems to be okay most days and has been doing TONS around the house to help out. He cooks dinner and this week he cleaned top to bottom the whole house. Right now he's mulching the flower beds!
  • The house - see the photos below!
  • Everything else is about the same, nothing too thrilling to report! Did some traveling for work last week and it will be a year in August that I started there! Hard to believe right?!?! Oh and I'll be 24 in about 26 days....also hard to believe but true none the less! I have no idea what I want to do for my birthday, so suggestions would be great. I doubt a cookout at the house will happen, its up in the air at this point.

The house!
Remember those basement and drainage water issues? Well this is going to fix all that! Andrew's dad and brother rented us a ditch digger (well Andrew mostly since I had nothing to do with it) and they fixed our rain runoff issues. Too bad the yard will be torn up for a while!

The downstairs bathroom was horribly moldy and everything had to be torn out. But we have the upstairs bathroom working well now!

And we have appliances! We got the stove and fridge on Craigslist for way less than they would have been brand new! We are really pleased with them and could not be more excited about saving money!

No comments: