Friday, June 19, 2009

Haiku Friday - Rollercoaster

Haiku Friday

This week, up and down
Started moving out my stuff
from my parents house.

My mom, well she cried
my dad said almost nothing.
Don't know what to do.

This is a big change
but I know its a good one
and it is worth it.

I can't wait to start
this new chapter in my life
with Andrew, my love.

It finally started happening yesterday, I started to move out. My parents cleaned out our basement (well 1/2 of it) and found all of the stuff from when I had my apartment, some decor stuff and most of the kitchen stuff, but I am sure there is more down there somewhere. I spent most of last night unpacking out at the new house, sifting through stuff I didn't even remember that I had and now the kitchen is pretty much complete. The nice hutch that Andrew's sister gave us is somewhat filled with my glassware collection (which I have never been able to display) and Andrew's mom is giving me some family items of hers to help fill the rest.

Tomorrow I'll help my parents with the rest of the basement and continue to move out my things from my room. I'm very excited to be out on my own again and living with an incredible guy, I know that this is hard on my parents, but at the same time I know in the end they will be happy for me.

4 comments:

jabblog said...

I wish you joy in your new life. It sounds like the right thing at the right time for you - good luck!

Cathy said...

very exciting!

Mommycosm said...

Such an exciting time for you! I remember the bittersweet feelings I had when I moved in with my husband (then just my boyfriend). Good luck in a new chapter to your life :)

GingerB said...

Follow your bliss. Even if it is hard on your parents, living with someone who doesn't tear you down will be very restoring to your soul.