Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blessed

After a nice visit with Andrew's mom and sister last night, I feel very blessed to have such wonderful "in-laws." Although Andrew and I are not married yet, I really enjoy his family and they have become a big part of my life. In past relationships, I have not been as fortunate to get along with my significant others family, but things are much different now. Andrew's mom has always been so sweet to me and although his dad doesn't always have a whole lot to say, he's been great as well. I don't get to see his sister as much as I'd like since she works nights, but her and her husband are fun to hang out with - along with his brother and wife and their new baby girl. Its nice to be dating someone who is close to their family and who has siblings as well.

And I feel blessed for my family too, after visiting most of my moms side in PA this weekend for my Aunt and Uncles 40th Anniversary Surprise party (they are also my godparents and a very important part of my life)! Its nice to have my cousins who I am so close with and my extended family as well. My mom always made it a point when we were kids to go and visit them and to this day they are all a very important part of my life. Its sad that some of the family I am close to distance wise in Ohio I am not close with, its nothing like my family in PA.

Although its been a rough year for my family with my dad loosing his job, Adam being laid off for a few months last winter and my mom moving to the assistant director of the preschool, we're all blessed to have one another. My dad has an interview next week with a company that specializes in paints, he would be a sales rep visiting stores that sell their product. He also applied at Frito Lay so he could be working with Andrew :)

Here are some photos from the weekend!


The cake, table decor and the head table at the anniversary party (these are a few I did some fun edits with for the scrapbook my cousin is making).



Me and my God-daughter Abigail - she is the light of my life. I really wish that I could see her more often! She didn't leave my side the whole night - its hard to believe I was 18 when she was born and she is in kindergarten now!!!

My mom and dad!

Dancing to their song, "Through the Years" - by Kenny Rodgers - there were a lot of tears that night, I can only hope that someday when Andrew and I get married that we will celebrate 40 years together!

No comments: