Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today its been 2 years


My love, it was 2 years ago that we stood in the kitchen of the house in West Jefferson and decided to be exclusive. I remember standing on your feet so you couldn't get away when I asked you to be mine.

I was so nervous I was on our first date, but that it slowly faded away since we had so much to talk about and so much in common. We went out again that weekend and from them on, we were inseparable. On our first trip to Hocking Hills, it rained the whole time but that was when I really feel in love with you, snuggled up on the couch by the fireplace, just talking. There was no TV, no one else around, it was just us. We spent that spring riding bikes, fishing, going to the Metro Parks, visiting with your family and mine, spending holidays together and having a wonderful time.

We started to look for houses and things seemed to be moving along quickly, soon it was summer and I told you I loved you for the first time on a park bench at Osprey Lake. You moved back home that summer to help out your family for a while and find a place of your own. This was when the rough patch hit and we were apart for a few months. My whole life didn't feel the same without you, but I left what happened in your hands and in God's hands knowing that things that are meant to be always work themselves out.


"Said woman take it slow, it'll work itself out fine - all we need is just a little patience" - I can't wait till we dance to that song at our wedding.

Over the course of Halloween and Thanksgiving though we were able to work it out and figured out we were meant to be. Christmas came and we spent time with both of our families and they were happy to see us together. We found out over the holidays we were going to have a niece in July and we were thrilled. By our second Valentines Day things were wonderful again. I was beyond thrilled to be a part of your life again, to be a part of your family and to have you in my heart.

Around that same time you found our house. I personally thought it was a dump but you saw the potential behind the flooded basement and moldy walls. We worked on that house for months, you let me pick out the paint colors and clean and decorate, it was a great bonding time for us. Yes, it was stressful at times, but its wonderful to have a place to call home. I moved in later that summer and for the first time in many years I felt complete.

Favorite memories: Hocking Hills, sitting on the porch and watching trains, riding our bikes to Hoover Dam, Pittsburgh, our island at Alum Creek, Osprey Lake, the boat, Bessie, a summer of garage sales every weekend, teaching me how to load a paint roller, pretending to be rich and British while walking around German Village with our Starbucks, you not knowing how to order coffee at Starbucks, Miller High Life (the champagne of beers), laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe, the first night at the house, summer nights taking long walks and all the inside jokes we have that no one else could ever understand. Sure there are things that you do that make me insane: throwing socks at me, leaving dirty coffee cups everywhere, snoring right when I fall asleep and of course your inability to clean (well sometimes).

2 years has gone by so fast! I can hardly believe that its been this long, although sometimes I'd swear that I've known you forever!


You make me smile when I feel like I could cry.
You don't care that I always want to do dorky things together.

You've fallen in love with Hocking Hills too :)

You're the best thing in my life.

I can't wait to see where we are this time next year, and the many years to come after that....

No comments: