Monday, March 22, 2010

Food insanity

I got home from work today and had this sudden and burning urge to cook/fix a bunch of food for the rest of the week. I wanted to have enough stuff ready to go so that I could work out at least a few times this week when I got home from work. I made a quick run to the grocery store when I got off work to pick up some stuff that had spoiled this week as well as more eggs and some whole wheat flour (which just so happened to be on sale for $1 off).

Then the madness began!


First I made a salad, enough to last for 2-3 days with romaine and spinach, carrots, red peppers and tomatoes (I had to leave them whole so Andrew could easily pick them out).

Then I boiled eggs and made some egg salad (I'm still looking to make this recipe have a little more flavor - I tried adding some sweet relish this time). I also made Tuna Salad but didn't take a picture because I think Tuna is gross but mostly made it for Andrew!

And last but not least my greatest creation of the evening were these whole wheat banana nut muffins (please excuse my dirty stove top) - I found the recipe on How to Eat a Cupcake and then found a lot of other amazing recipes there as well! Not all of them were as healthy as these but sometimes a good dessert splurge is totally worth it! I accidentally added too much flour but after adding some extra milk it seemed to balance out and the cupcakes were fluffy and moist!

I am also going to attempt a lentil recipe this week so I'll let you know how it goes!