Sunday, March 28, 2010

Your weekly - weekend review

Well here we are again at the end of another weekend! Nothing too thrilling went on around here:

Friday: We headed out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and caught a little bit of the OSU basketball game, which they sadly lost and are now out of the running for the championships. Then it was off to Gander Mountain to get our fishing licenses and see what new gear they had for the year. We headed back home and didn't do much else.

Saturday: I was up bright and early to go a Master Gardeners class with Andrews mom. I am pretty sure I was the youngest person there (not that it really matters) but the classes we went to were fun! The first one was about all new plants at a local garden center including veggies, annuals and perennials. The second class was about square foot gardening and if you want to know more about that check out this website, trust me you'll learn tons! I am totally convinced now that I am going to have a 3ft x2ft garden and do some pots as well. We were done around 2 and then Andrew and I took the boat out for a little bit (yeah it was freezing) and didn't catch a thing.



Sunday: We were both up at 4am coughing and hacking. The cold I thought I had fought off was back with a vengeance.....and I passed it to Andrew. So a big bowl of homemade chicken and noodles was just what we needed! We've been watching movies since 4am - Resident Evil, Chronicles of Riddic (yeah I didn't get to pick what to watch) some Gene Simmons Family Jewels and of course PowerBlock TV. I ran out to the store to get cough drops, groceries and some other stuff and immediately put my jammies on when I got back. My house really needs cleaned but I have zero motivation!

Hope that everyone has a great week and had a fantastic weekend! Anyone do anything fun?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like a relaxing weekend, except for being sick. :( feel better soon!

Krista said...

Wow, I would love to take some gardening classes. I currently do a modified version of the square foot method. It's great. You can grow so much in a little space.

This year I'm doing a traditional row garden as well. I'll do some comparisons of the two on my blog.

Hope you feel better soon!